Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light Novels  (Read 4348 times)
Kageryuu
Kagemin

Marquess

Loli Points: 27

• Awards Price : 180 LTD Price : 85 LTD Price : 125 LTD Price : 85 LTD Price : 55 LTD Price : 35 LTD
    Money :2855.00LTD

Send Money to Kageryuu
    Nothing but a FoOl

View Profile
    « on: May 01, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »

Seeing how few posts there are in this part of the forum I was wondering how many people here actually read light novels.
    If there's a manga/ anime you like, and there's light novels to it, do you read them too (especially when the series is based on the light novel) ? If yes, which ones? And if no, why not?

Lotsa questions, I know. I'm just being curious I guess...

For me the biggest problem with light novels is that even fewer of those get licensed outside of Japan than anime or manga. Or get cancelled after a few volumes... (like Shana or Ballad of a Shinigami, grrr).  Teams like Baka-tsuki help a bit with that, but another problem, at least for me, is that I don't like reading novels on the PC.

So yeah, I do have a couple of light novels (the two Shana ones that got released, the Seikai Trilogy [Banner and Crest of the Stars), Chibi Vampire, Spice and Wolf, Strike Witches), and there's some more that I really want to get (first of all the Haruhi ones), but that's far less than the manga, even considering the more limited availability.

]
    Currently Playing: Third Age - Total War
    Waiting for new English patches for: Rewrite, Dracu-Riot!, Fortune Arterial, Concerto Note, Irotoridori no Sekai, Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails...
    Kethsar
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »

I do read some light novels that I've watched anime of. One such one being Hidan no Aria. I, too, dislike reading them on my PC, but I have no other alternative for ones that are not released in the United States. I have a few DL'd that I've been meaning to read, but haven't as of yet.

Of these, I've only read Hidan no Aria (up to chapter 7 since the rest are still being TL'd). I plan on reading them more often during the summer, and whenever I feel like procrastinating instead of doing school work.
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:13:21 PM by Kethsar » Logged
    Mangaexpert
    Citizen

Loli Points: 2

Money :0.00LTD

Send Money to Mangaexpert

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »

I try and read the light novels if they are available in baka-tsuki, and since I know no Japanese, baka-tsuki is all i can count on...

SIEG HEIL LOLI! SIEG HEIL KURO-OU!
    Little-Ninja
    I am not good with long sentantis!

Peasant

Loli Points: 0

Money :0.00LTD

Send Money to Little-Ninja

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »

I try and read the light novels if they are available in baka-tsuki, and since I know no Japanese, baka-tsuki is all i can count on...
    That's me, too. But all I've managed so far was following Hyouka and reading about 1 1/2 volumes of Haganai.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: