Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Lolitannia The Holy Loli Kingdom « Lolitannia's Main Gate « Introductory « The most evil being emerges! Rasparr, the Undead German!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most evil being emerges! Rasparr, the Undead German!  (Read 16212 times)
Rasparr
Godaibu Taisho & Proofreader

Peasant

Loli Points: 0

Money :0.00LTD

Send Money to Rasparr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »

Hmm... Still here...
...umm, yes? I told you, I'm not here because of this "post five times, gain access to hentai section and never be seen again" mentality. I hardly ever read hentai, and I avoid loli hentai as much as possible. IF hentai, then it should be funny and/or the girls should have a figure AT LEAST as shapely as Minamoto Chizuru. I prefer ecchi anyway.
Nazis were amazing
That's quite a dangerous thing to say... at least it would be in Germany. But I have to partially agree with you and Kuro, too (just saw the "staff" page, lol). I really love the "SS-Totenkopf-Division" uniforms. Kroenen in the beginning of Hellboy I was SO amazing. Wish my fire brigade uniform would be that flashy. But I despise the Nazis for being warmongers. One of my great-gandfathers and several great-grand-uncles died in WWII. Let alone millions and millions of other, mostly innocent people. Let's put an end to this sad theme, it feeds my self-hatred and my disbelief in mankind.
If you can tailor dialogue to a character, you'd make a great proofreader.
I already thought about this several times. But since I do not have the slightes idea how (your) proofreading actually works, I still hesitate to join a (maybe your?) group. Moreover, my ways of communication are limited to PNs and E-mailing, since my internet is pretty slow -> Chat as well as voice chat is impossible (listening to spoken English is still rather difficult for me, too). And I never figured out what that IRC thing is at all. If you still would like to have reinforcement, I'd gladly give the proofreading test a try. At the moment, it kind of scares me off, for I cannot do proofreading correctly as long as the text ist torn out of context. I'd still need to at least see the uncleaned raws (can read a tiny, TINY bit of Jap, but cannot translate it) and understand the backgrounds. Some groups even do pre-proofreading typesetting which is then proofread and, afterwards, refined by the typesetters. So... feed me some encouraging information.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out another typo. They just keep coming and coming... there must be a nest or something. Already hat to eliminate another one. Christ...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:15:39 AM by Rasparr » Logged
TamaSaga
Proofreader / Some Translation

Troops

Loli Points: 13

Money :116.00LTD

Send Money to TamaSaga

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:04 AM »

No worries, I stare at the uncleaned raws when I proofread and try to imagine if the translation fits the situation.  A dual monitor setup is perfect for it.  And communication wise...it's just posting on the forums and PM's.

Rasparr

Peasant

Send Money to Rasparr

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »

That sounds good. Still, I'd love to see the raw(s) for the proofreading test. Is that possible or will I have to do it on the off-chance? Since it seems to be from chapter 9 of some manga totally unknown to me, I don't get a feeling at all... And what's up with those brackets? Do you use them for thougth bubbles, for personal notes or are they completely meaningless (better ask a translator, huh)? That's what I basicly mean with "need for context": what is actually there, what is added "artificially"?

[Typo, typo, ty-po-po, typo, typo, won't you go? Sad, how much a single missing letter can change a sentence from making sense to not making any at all (ask <-> as)]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:06:25 AM by Rasparr » Logged
Rasparr

Peasant

Send Money to Rasparr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 06:38:15 AM »

Time to introduce myself once more.

This is Rasparr from Germany and I'm a new proofreader without any closer definded assignment - I'll work on anything you want me to / that has to be worked on. Please take good care of me.
Kageryuu
Kagemin

Marquess

Loli Points: 27

• Awards Price : 180 LTD Price : 85 LTD Price : 125 LTD Price : 85 LTD Price : 55 LTD Price : 35 LTD
    Money :2855.00LTD

Send Money to Kageryuu
    Nothing but a FoOl

View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 07:13:56 AM »

Welcome aboard then. Looking forward to your work.

]
    Currently Playing: Third Age - Total War
    Waiting for new English patches for: Rewrite, Dracu-Riot!, Fortune Arterial, Concerto Note, Irotoridori no Sekai, Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails...
    Spastic
    Old Cleaner

Troops

Loli Points: 11

Money :7.00LTD

Send Money to Spastic
    Still alive, barely.

View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »

Welcome to the team *Salute*

I hope you do well in your Proofreading.

TamaSaga
    Proofreader / Some Translation

Troops

Loli Points: 13

Money :116.00LTD

Send Money to TamaSaga

View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

Welcome aboard!  If any translation sounds too awkward to manipulate, let me know.  I can give you an alternate interpretation most of the time.
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:37:13 PM by TamaSaga » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: