Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's see how I did  (Read 4429 times)
Tsukiko

Citizen

Loli Points: 4

Money :60.00LTD

Send Money to Tsukiko

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »

Nickname:  Tsukiko
Your current country/it's time zone: USA/GMT-5 (DST)
E-Mail or Messenger ID: currently set to dcouchotvore[at]yahoo[dot].com.  Only I don't want to use that email.  Your registration activation emails didn't get through to my regular server, and I don't know why.  Try sending an email to tsukiko[at]duanevore[dot]com.  If that works, that's the one I'll switch to.
Our projects that you want to clean: I'm not too picky, but I really hate inflatable monster boobs and tentacle rape. The more moe the better.
Why You Want This Position:
1. Manga is cool
2. It's even more cool if it has lolis, and more more cool if they're magical girl lolis.
3. It's a moral imperative.  I have an opinion on copyright that is unpopular with the MPAA.  If you are not marketing a work of art in a region, then you are not entitled to copyright protection in that region until such a time as you are.  I believe in a sense that art should belong to the world and although you have a right to make a living off it, you don't have the right just to sit on it. (Hear that, Disney?) This seems in perfect keeping with current attitudes associated with fansubbing and scanlation.  I'm allowed this opinion because I create intellectual property of my own and feel the same way about it.
Availability Schedule: Variable. Probably a couple hours a day.
Do you know how to use IRC?: YES/NO -- YES, but as near as I can tell, your IRC channel is dead.  I tried it.
Put the link to the finished page here: http://www.duanevore.com/docs/test.panel04.png
Experienced? (Yes/No): Yes? No? Well, yes, but not doing this.  Other graphics.
If yes, put some sample of your past works: I do my own book covers. One of my favorite ones is here: http://www.duanevore.com/a-hierarchy-of-gods/.  The girl on the cover is Nekalee.  I never thought about it before, but I guess she counts as a live-action loli.  A 21-year-old one.  Not human, but non-human lolis are common.

Some comments about the cleaning test:
1. Alignment was off about a pixel from one side to the other, but I figured a rotation would hurt more than it would help.
2. Didn't need leveling.
3. I didn't take out the SFX on the first panel.  Some do; some don't. I didn't find any standards anywhere on your site.
4. I hope every page isn't this time-intensive.

"Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of."  -- Bethany Hamilton
alex
Sometimes a cleaner

Troops

Loli Points: 22

• Awards Price : 180 LTD Price : 85 LTD Price : 40 LTD Price : 55 LTD Price : 35 LTD Price : 1000 LTD
    Money :2505.00LTD

Send Money to alex

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »

Looks good to me. About the imersion, it really depends on the manga and scan quality. I reckon Chitose is probably one of the easiest to clean, but some of the redraws mess with a lot of my time, especially because I have to do everything with a mouse.
    Anyways, I don't know when Kuro or one of the comanders are going to be around here but I believe they are the only ones with the power to make you part of the staff
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:17:35 PM by alex » Logged

There is no one anywhere in the world who is truly malicious - Noumi Kudryavka
    Tsukiko

Citizen

Loli Points: 4

Money :60.00LTD

Send Money to Tsukiko

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »

No hurry.  I have things to keep me busy.

I went ahead and did the typesetting test, too, as I had it on my mind.  I hope no one gets offended if I just post the link here instead of replicating all the data in that thread.

http://www.duanevore.com/docs/typesetting-test.png

Comments on this one:
    1. There were some cleaning issues I felt compelled to fix.
    2. I did not replicate the typo in "hoplessly".  In case that was there on purpose.
    3. The cleaner removed just the "ゆ" from the SFX "ざゆ". I cleaned up the rest and replaced it with "shudder". That's one of the few SFXs that I know the meaning of.
    4. Added a period to the instruction line of the survey.  No good teacher would forget that.

"Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of."  -- Bethany Hamilton
    Pages: [1]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: