Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
Lolitannia The Holy Loli Kingdom « Central Area « Lolitannia Hall « Tutorial « Introduction into cleaning
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction into cleaning  (Read 4149 times)
potatoman

Baron

Loli Points: 3

• Awards Price : 250 LTD Price : 180 LTD
    Money :1795.00LTD

Send Money to potatoman
    やれやれだぜ

View Profile
    « on: March 27, 2013, 06:16:36 PM »

ok just though i'd make a very basic guide that shows a little of everything but not going into one thing very deep at all

i personally use gimp because i'm poor/too moral to pirate it(but still not moral enough to not pirate shonen jump)
     but you should be able to use Photoshop with just a few differences
    Spoiler for Hiden:
    here is the basic image you can attempt to try along with it with this http://i.imgur.com/hxWMyzR.jpg
    [step 1]obviously open up in your editor of choice

you will want to make a copy of the layer to compare when redrawing and for the typesetters to check with.

[step 2]
    because this raw is colored whe have to convert to greyscale and back to rgb to get rid of the color(there are tons of other ways too)

next we'll want to level the image
    [step 3]leveling the image takes a good sense of judgement and some you cant get perfect on the first try

you'll want to raise the tab at the right end so the grey background can look white but dont let the greys get too faded(it's a lot easier to tell when you level the blacks too)

so then adjust the one on the right so that the blacks look black enough but the darker grays don't start looking too dark

the middle one handles grays which usually doesn't need to be messed with more than a slight to refine a bit

[step 4]clearing the text boxes and other basic text items
    this is pretty simple take the eye dropper and use it on the background of the page(sometimes its not completely white and starts to look weird when you put your white paint over the page)
    and then just click /tablet over all the text just zooming around as you need
    you also should leave most symbols in in text boxes for the typesetters

[step 5]drawing over text this i cant go into too much as there are many ways to do this but ill give my way
    (also i remove these explanation points because there sort of positioned awkwardly and couldn't be removed by a typesetter)
    first cover the writing in background color what ever is surrounding it usually

then you want to use the clone tool by collecting a sample area with ctrl and then act like its the pen tool but it'll draw the area around it, use it to cover the text area with the basic patterns so it looks passable this does not have to be perfect though as text will be going over it

next hold shift and click spots with the brush tool to connect from where you last put down the brush use this or the pen tool(with the anchor points and all of that for longer lines and curved lines usually)

[step 5] making sure the page is straight (probably should have mentioned it earlier)
    use the rule or measure tool and click on one end of the comic panel edge the go to the horizontal opposite side and see if there is an angle there may be at a slant as slight as .05 degrees but if there is a slant i usually see around a .3-.4
    the you want to grab the rotate tool or go to layers rotate or however you like to rotate

after you want to create a layer under the layer you've been working on and paint it white in the spots that turned transparent from the rotation or use the clone tool if the is a pattern on the edge

and with that you have a  somewhat decently done clean
    and don't forget to save as a .psd file(in gimp you have to export it to save as a non gimp file)
    thank you and may you have a good cleaning skill and i hope this doesn't overload your brain
    if you notice anything or have any questions let me know and i will deal with it in a quick and reckless manor
    *disclaimer*i am i no way very experienced and results may vary*disclaimer*

hiperspot01
    I'M ALIIIIIIVE!!!

Earl

Loli Points: 6

• Awards Price : 250 LTD
    Money :802.00LTD

Send Money to hiperspot01

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:18:45 AM »

wow....
    and all the time I was cleaning the hard way Cry
    Thanks a lot for this tutorial!  Thumb up it's amazing!

Desu!!!~  *-*

potatoman

Baron

Loli Points: 3

• Awards Price : 250 LTD Price : 180 LTD
    Money :1795.00LTD

Send Money to potatoman
    やれやれだぜ

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »

im glad it helped you Thumb up

Pages: [1]   Go Up